"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Aug 23, 2023

A Political Junkie

The other day a commentator said that if Trump turned himself in to the Fulton County Jail today, people would turn away from the debate stage to watch him walk in and out of a building.

"Only Political Junkies would continue to watch the debate."

Really?  We'll turn away if news stations choose to turn us away.  Trump's pre-recorded interview will be shown at the same time as tonight's debate, that's how much he cares about people making educated decisions.  He's orchestrating the week and we're following like sheep.

Not me!  Wouldn't you prefer watching a potential President break dancing, correction, Rapping, on the stage?  Ramaswamy certainly attracts people more interested in conspiracy theories than the truth.  Look at him making a name for himself on the blood of 9-11 victims.

Then there's the non-committal Doug Burgum, who hurt himself yesterday playing basketball so he may not make the debate after all.  He gave away $20 gift cards to whoever would donate a buck (up to 50,000 donors) so he got the 40,000 required to participate.  He's also offering $20 cards to those who say afterwards that HE won the debate, is that who you want in charge?  Someone who's spent all that money just to blow it at the last minute? I bet he'll crawl on stage if he has to.

And who wouldn't want to watch Chris Christie become the Incredible Hulk before our eyes?  If you change the color on your device you can even turn him GREEN.

I'm obviously not a Republican, but I am interested in the character of the person who might next sit in the Oval Office.  I'll be listening for candidates putting forth their plans for our collective future, but I suspect anything of value will be overshadowed by the Elephant NOT in the room.

The other day I had an epiphany which led to this prediction:

Donald Trump will drop out of the race.

There's much more going on inside that ORANGE head than he's letting on, believe it or not; and I suspect he's figuring out his back-up plan:  how to blame everybody else while claiming he's falling on his sword for US.  (By the way, has anyone seen the former First Lady?  Why isn't she Standing By Her Man?)

So call me a Political Junkie, I'm not ashameed to admit.  At least I'm taking an interest.

3 comments:

  1. ooh love your epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your prediction come true and May those who do wrong pay for their evil actions.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.