"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Apr 23, 2021

The Woman who Died in Oregon

Wasn't me.  I did get the J&J shot and I did get sick a week later, but it was a coincidence.  I picked up a head and chest cold somewhere along the line and after 5 weeks I'm almost over it. The worst part is feeling tired after performing some task, but that may be inside my head.  The less you do the less you want to do, and while sick I didn't want to do much.

I left a message apprising my doctor's office of my symptoms when this J&J problem first came out. I'm wasn't alarmed, but just in case other people reported similar symptoms I wanted them to know.  This is simply my 'annual cold' with bad timing. I used to get a bout of Bronchitis every year in January, and my home remedy primarily consisted of binging old westerns and drinking Greyhounds (vodka and grapefruit juice). When I worked in Manhattan I particularly enjoyed the time off.

This time I was taking Day and Nyquil but they made me feel worse, so I stuck with ibuprofen, coffee and Game of Thrones.  I considered the Greyhounds, except the acidity of grapefruit juice kill my stomach, darn. 

While we wait for the verdict on the J&J vaccine, I can't help wondering why people would be so concerned by such a low percentage of reactions. Women, in child-bearing years? My first thought was Birth Control Pills, which do wreck havoc on the body; and a number of my gal-pals agree. Time will tell for sure, of course, but why worry?

After hearing the possible side effects of approved medications advertised during morning news shows...wait, one's on right now, for a Psoriasis medicine: Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. Depression, suicidal thoughts.  Weight loss; upper respiratory track infection.  And don't use if pregnant or planning to be, I wonder if that applies to women and men.

No, thanks; 'course I don't know what Psoriasis is (nor do I wish to learn).  That's just one example, and it doesn't bother millions of people to take it anyway. So I'm not sweating over the J&J vaccine.  Should you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.