"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 3, 2018

Everybody Needs a Stripper...

…at least once in their life.  I’d been a widow for a year, and some gal-pals in Portland decided I needed a dinner out for my 40th birthday.  I wasn’t crazy about the idea but it felt good to go out again; until some bizarre-looking guy stopped at the table. “Hello, I’m looking for Andrea...” 
Next thing I know he pulls me up; music comes out of a boom box; and he starts moving his hips. “Oh, really, I am not into this.  I don't do Chippendale’s.”
“Come on…lighten up…it’s not the end of the world.” Easy for him to say. OK, I’ll put on the hat and play along, for my friends at least. I thought he was done so I went to sit down.
“Wait – the fun’s not over,” as he unbuckles his belt. “No, God, really, here?”
“Ta-da!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.