"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Aug 1, 2021

Am I going a tad overboard?

...painting the front of my teardrop, but I'm telling myself it'll be easy to spot in the side view mirrors.  Wait'll I attach my map.  I'll keep the rest of the sides less distracting to drivers, from my lips to God's ears.  That's always been the problem with my painting...I just can't seem to keep things simple.

My homes have always been busy, too, full of knick-knacks I didn't need except to fill every available space.  A reflection of what goes on inside my head; plus as a Libran I'm constantly fighting the propensity to maintain balance, and therefore paint symmetrically.  What I'd really love is to be more avant guarde all-around.

Here's what I'm working on for the back.  I plan to add a favorite expression plus a bit of advertising towards the bottom; but now that I'm writing perhaps I'll add that somewhere on the driver's side, since I'm always in the right-hand lane.  I don't want anyone ramming my back-side while checking out my artwork, so I bought a 4-foot long yellow and black warning strip to attach to where the bumper would be, if I had one.

We're back into the 100's here in So.O and will be for the rest of the week, but at least we're not getting the smoke from our fires...you still are.  Gives you a taste of what life's been like out here for most of our summers the past few years.  It's frustrating to have to be inside by 9, 10am because of the heat.  I try to paint 2-3 hours first thing in the morning, but at this rate it'll take the rest of the summer until I'm satisfied.  At least I'm enjoying myself.

Pretty nice silhouettes, huh?  Not quite finished, but compared to the top photo perhaps it should be.  I think I'll stick with painted hanging baskets (or just ONE, it'll make me crazy) and/or wisteria across the top, but here's the thing:

I'm thinkin' to myself: people are going to see this silhouette and assume (or hope) that's what the driver looks like.  I don't want to disappoint them so I won't cut my hair, I'll stay slim, start wearing some makeup and look for a flouncy dress outside of Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. Follow the Yellow Brick Road - Love your silhouette. I've found it's easier to find or make gypsy skirts. Flouncy dresses are getting incredibly expensive - and you know how I hate pants/shorts! You're doing an astounding job on the Teardrop!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.