"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 4, 2026

Time To Ponder

It's been a couple of weeks since my mental shift, so how's it going?  Pretty well - I make a conscious decision each morning that I'll either have a good day or a crappy one, my choice.  Any time my mind drifts to unpleasant subjects or people, I nudge myself to turn off the tube or change the radio station.  I know horrible things continue to occur, but I also know I'm doomed to breathe for another 30 years so I'd better learn to deal with my reactions.

This is my Tino, who I'd hoped to introduce to all my friends and grow old with.  Didn't happen, for one year later he was gone; that was 30+ years ago.  I mention it now because last night I had a dream, something I rarely have.  I used to dream all the time - vivid technicolor movies with me being an active participant, often flying.  I could wake up several times and always return to my place in the dream, like pausing a VCR.

But finding Tino's lifeless body on the floor shocked my system such that I stopped dreaming but once in a blue moon.  I always thought that was God adding insult to injury, but what can you do?

Anyway, in my dream I got hit by the proverbial bus I keep talking about; after which I was immediately enveloped by Tino's presence, that's the only way I can describe it.  That was all, but it was enough.  Didn't care about the unfinished project nor my unsold possessions.  Nothing - not a care - just Tino's love.  That was enough to reassure me that he, and others, are waiting for me; I choose to believe.  My turn will come.  Nothing to do but keep plugging away like everyone else, but at least since I've been ordering up a good 'tude each morning, my spirit has lightened, and that's nice. Pretty easy, too; what's taken me so long?

I was going to write about things like our Patriot missile aresenal being decimated to shoot down drones; for what if our enemies decide to hit all at once?  'Caught with our pants down,' I can't be the only one thinking that; and getting rid of experienced Generals and Admirals in favor of Stepford Husbands doesn't seem like the smartest move.

People are worried about Abdul El-Sayed in the same manner others would react to Charlie Kirk being elected to the Senate.  The idea of socialists taking over the country doesn't frighten me, for there are different kinds of socialism, just like any ideology.   We've got to acknowledge that people with similar sentiments exist all over the country, and we'd better work together before we blow it all apart. 

It wouldn't be difficult to prevent if Checks and Balances still existed, but they started by getting rid of Inspectors General and worked up to the Supreme Court so that, unfortunately, we no longer seem to have anything of the sort at the top.

I also pondered to myself, "If Donald Trump dies in office, does that mean Melania will take over?  Or one of his sons?"  That's why we have the VP, you say, but will we have one in the future?

Before my, Gonna have a GOOD day - day, I spent too much time wondering about stuff like that; or how many people are going to vote for Donald's picks; how many election-deniers are in influential positions; will the Post Office deliver my ballot?  I hope I'll still be allowed to vote.

So I'll brush off my negativity and head for work, which is slow because the Canadians aren't coming down to visit and gasoline prices are so high.  Takes mucho dinero to fill a monster RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2025 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.