"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 23, 2018

A Welcome Change

I stopped for gas just across the California line, stepped out like always, and a young fellow came running up to me.  I almost wet my pants.

“Oh, that’s right, I don’t pump my own here in Oregon.”

“No, ma’am. How much?”

While he pumped I stood outside my driver’s door. What was I supposed to do with myself? I looked around a bit, checked my nail polish, talked to BC, who seemed nonplussed. I’ll have to bring along my knitting next time.

Well, I made it! No breakdowns, no Out of Gas situations, great food along the way for a change. It only rained in California and now here a bit, but after Austin’s climate it’s all a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.