"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Feb 14, 2022

Ukranians Slaughtered My Ancestors

During World War II, here's the story if you're interested.  Considering today's situation it's likely Politically-Incorrect to write something like that, but that's like trying to sweep the Holocaust under the rug.  I'd like to ask whether Holocaust survivors of any persuasion, and their descendants, feel favorably towards Germans today; or do they look at the rise in Naziism and think, 'See, some things never change'?

When my grandparents immigrated from eastern Poland in 1913, the Ellis Island records identified them as Russian from Russia, because that's the way maps were drawn at the time.  And which is why I'm not nervous about Putin taking over the world, I can prove I'm Russian if I have to.

I can't believe we're all on tinderhooks because of one megalomanic.  Putin's had this 'thing' about the Ukraine since his early days with the KGB, and I happen to agree with President Zelensky's view that we're driving this thing more than they are.  I would add towards our own ends.

What could those possibly be?  Well, let's see.  Historically, whenever we've been in real financial trouble, like the Great Depression, a good old-fashioned WAR turns things around.  That's pretty drastic, granted, but all these foreign Heads-of-State speaking individually to each leader, with Putin seeming to be digging in deeper, just seems to me to be us covering our como-se-llamas whenever the ultimate decision is made.  None of our Allies can claim they were fed misleading information.

I can't help wondering if the young ROC doped-up skater's fate isn't tied to somebody, somewhere, worrying about taking away Russia's gold medal right now and poking The Bear further.  I would be, we're talking Putin's Pride and that's a helluva reason to destroy a country.

I voted for President Biden and I support him as our Commander in Chief.  I, like many supporters, have been somewhat disappointed by his failure to pull both sides of Congress together as he'd assured us he would, and you can't say he hasn't tried.

But our lives, our culture, and our identities have dramatically altered since those good-old-days of politicians compromising.  It's not his fault.  At least we're not listening to Trump's hate-speech from morning to night.  This is only the first year.  I still hope the pendulum will eventually settle back in the middle.

In the meantime, I'm going to learn to cook Borscht in my new RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.