"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Nov 2, 2022

Standing Up for One Another

I mailed in my Ballot the other day.  None of the news outlets are talking about Oregon when they focus on states with perilous neck-and-neck races (except here, of course), but I think they should.

You're gonna love this:  we have three women duking it out to become our next Governor.  Democratic candidate Tina Kotek, the current Speaker of the OR House, is trying to fend off attacks of the current administration's performance.  She's gay, but so is our current Gov. so that's no big deal to most people.

Like other Republican candidates, Christine Drazan has been walking-back her words to overturn Roe v Wade (but I don't believe them for a second); and vowing to solve homelessness without voicing any real plan. (Homelessness is a big issue in the state.)

And finally, Independent Betsy Johnson, a large, tough-talkin' Mamma who claims she's not a D or an R but an O.  An Oregonian.  Who owns a machine gun.  Drazan is a gun-owner, too but Johnson looks like she can't wait to use hers in public.  Everyone's afraid Johnson will take votes from the other party, which should make for an interesting election night.

I'll use the analogy of the camel's nose in the tent for my next topic:  once RvW gets overturned, it's a short trip to outlawing same-sex marriage, transgender surgeries and eventually birth control methods.  Oh, no, you say now, but as Religion creeps its way into Politics more and more, it's simply a matter of time.

I am not anti-religion, but I don't like hate-filled extremists.  I especially abhor ignoramuses like Kanye West pursuing increased notoriety by blasting their hateful views.   I'm not Jewish but I am eagerly awaiting an Etsy necklace with my name in Hebrew letters. Why are so many giving credence to people simply because they're celebrities?

Make a stand, people; haven't you had enough? 

I'm so frightened of the upcoming elections I almost can't function.  I've already lost faith in the Supreme Court.  Armed idiots trying to intimidate the rest of us at Ballot Boxes.  No matter who wins, we ALL lose.  Republicans will outright deny the validity of the results if they lose so that's the end of peaceful transfers of power.  Arizona's Kari Lake, who I picture having a white hood in her closet, has already declared she won't concede if she doesn't win.

On the flip side, how long will Democrats continue to play nice and follow the rules when it doesn't count for anything nowadays? If we have another Civil War, where will the lines be drawn? Everyone knows Hell will break lose after the elections, so this is possibly our last week of civil society (it's not civil, but we'll call it that in retrospect).  

How dare people make light of Paul Pelosi's brutal attack and create conspiracy theories.  Doesn't it make your skin crawl to hear Trump Jr and other's crass jokes?  Alex 'the beached whale' Jones has a following made up of inbreds and miscreants who will always enjoy his rhetoric while buying his supplements and other crap, available on Amazon, can you believe?  

I pity those Republicans who believe that once one of their own is back in the White House that the economy will miraculously bounce back overnight.

"Once someone's in power who's strong enough, gas prices will go down."

"You mean like Trump?"

Yes, she replied, without offering anything to support her claim.  How can you argue with mentality like that?  I didn't want to, but at least I didn't leave her in Newport.

All I can hope is that influencial people who should know better start distancing themselves from Trump's discriminatory MAGA insanity like the Russian Oligarchs are deserting Putin.  We need a good, old-fashioned WAR to bring us together against a common foe.

Kim Jong-un seems to be pushing for just that.  Italy has its first Facist leader since Mussolini with Meloni.  I don't believe Bolsonaro has actually admitted he lost in Brazil.  Trump fits right in with this group.

Madness.

2 comments:

  1. You are right on so many levels. So glad i am old and childless. What a world to leave them. I try and find some small way to be kind to someone and some image of beauty every day. Amen, hashiam, and so it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Andrea , right on Mr. or Ms , rgrean !
    I think I feel a holy war coming . They are not far off from becoming their own version of infidels and calling for a Gjhijad and a new world order of religious- right Sharia law . It’s to lose our freedom and that’s what they’ve been planning for decades . Horrible . Andrea , you’re a breathe of fresh reason and fresh air

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.