"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 11, 2023

Too Harsh Last Time?

According to a couple friends, my last post may have been harsh.  I was more than angry when I wrote it, and when I write under those circumstances I often don't get my point across the way I'd intended.

The first draft of this piece was, I realized, too defensive, opinionated, preachy and pretty much re-espousing earlier views.  My second attempt wasn't much better, but I still felt the need to add a P.S. to my piece.

I'm not particularly remorseful over my views, which shouldn't make a lick of difference to anyone else.  I'm not the President or some sort of 'influencer'; and I'm not advocating anything.  I just like to write.

So I'll simply restate a truth I've said to people for a long time:

"The world needs people like Me, so people like You look good."

Happy Holidays!


2 comments:

  1. YOU are loved and totally entitled to your opinions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to have to go back and see what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.