"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Aug 27, 2023

Who Was the Debate Winner?

I haven't written about the debate because political pundits have been re-hashing it for days.  I'll just say that my choice on the stage would be Asa Hutchinson.  Why?  He appeared the most Presidential; the most moderate; the only one who stood up for his convictions by refusing to raise his hand when it came to supporting a Felon for President.  Unlikely to win the nomination, of course, but that's because he's Principled, a character trait no longer important in too many eyes.

I'm just sayin'.

6 comments:

  1. I heard Nikki Haley a few times and she’s been consistently sharp and on the ball w her responses .But Andrea , you made a good point about Asa !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, NH put on a good show - but besides being hard to elect a woman - STILL - she did hold up her hand re: supporting Trump.

      Delete
  2. I was proud of Nikki for blasting Vivek for his stance on Ukraine. Her background in the UN makes her speak from knowledge , not just emotion! Chris Christie is the only one who has had the courage to call it like it is when it comes to Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; yet I was still disappointed when Christie half-assed held up his hand, couldn't tell for certain his stance.

      Delete
  3. I should clarify my words - I do think Nikki Haley was the 'winner' of the on-stage debate, but out of the group, if I was Republican-leaning, I'd root for Asa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We all had a discussion and disagreed without anyone calling someone nasty names . YAY! Maybe "they" should learn from us!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.