"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 5, 2020

Scrooge Who?

How the hell is anyone on Foodstamps supposed to have a 2 week supply of food on hand?  Even if I had the luxury of purchasing something extra the problem becomes where to store it.  Recently I was asking myself those questions when I considered what IF we had an imminent emergency (poison gas dropped on us all) and I couldn't stock up.  I still had several days to go until my Social Security arrived, and I momentarily panicked.

Now, I do have a bit of a safety net so I won't starve; but how many people don't have any net?  How are they feeling right now?  The President couldn't possibly have any empathy; his announcements make that clear.

But how nice of the Feds to allow those without medical insurance be tested for Covid-19 and not just left to die on the side of the road. Too many Scrooges in our society think,

"They had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.