"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Feb 24, 2022

Just the Beginning of War

Who's surprised?  Putin waited until the Bejing Olympics were over; he didn't want to risk making Xi Jinping MAD by spoiling his party.

Another thing which seems obvious to my increasingly ancient eyes:  the constant reminders that we will not be joining the fray, directly.  But, like World War II, we weren't supposed to be involved but we were pulling some schenanigans with submarine blockades in the Atlantic to indirectly aid Britain, in the hopes that eventually we'd enter the war for real, and most importantly, the American people would rally behind the costly decision.  Then we had Pearl Harbor.

We'll just have to wait and see what excuse takes us into World War III.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.