"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 29, 2018

Joan of Arc-tivism

I'm having a debate with friends over the woman who cornered Sen. Flake in the elevator. Yes, she had the guts to confront him and speak her mind, but that wasn't enough. She ranted and raved ala Kavanaugh when she might have been more effective mimicking Ford.

Now she's making the talk show rounds; being elevated to the ranks of Joan of Arc. Why isn't anyone mentioning HER behavior? She bushwhacked Flake, plain and simple. I'm sure I'm not the only person who wondered if or when she'd become violent.  Isn't that why we have reporters?

If we're going to compare behavior to character, let's see...she never admitted to her Father that she'd been raped.  I get that.  But rather than warn him directly she SENT A TEXT that he might see something alarming, but that she was fine.

Is anyone other than me wondering how much angst the poor man suffered until he finally saw his daughter on TV?  And we're lauding that behavior? Are there any parents out there who WOULD mind?

I certainly won't be surprised the next time someone wants to make a point, and they physically tackle a politician without fear of prosecution for assault.

Why am I on this soapbox?  I just finished watching a very disturbing story from Frontline: Hate in America: Charlottesville. Nazis and White Supremacist groups emboldened by our President. Police stand back and watch. This sort of behavior doesn't begin overnight; and that's exactly what I'm afraid of with the woman in the elevator.

People seeking notoriety.  I'm not suggesting the woman was looking for that herself; but just like school shootings, news organizations elevate bad behavior in the name of sensationalism, inspiring others looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Let's just wait and see, shall we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.