"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Feb 25, 2024

Dumbing Down America

I can't get excited about the recent, lopsided 'Lunar Landing,' having witnessed Apollo 11 in  B&W; hopping along with Neil Armstrong to his immortal words,

"That's one small step for (a) man; one giant leap for mankind." No one heard the 'a'.

If you'd told anyone in 1969 that after three short years of gripping adventures, Apollo 17  would be the last time we saw craters up close and personal (the operative word) for 50 years, everyone would have laughed.  Now we're rushing to set up a station on the surface before the bad guys do - how long do you think that will take? Note:  if you don't believe the first landing took place, then this is all moot.

We're wetting our pants over the unexpected news that Russia is working hard and fast on a nuclear anti-sattelite weapon, shame on Congressman Mike Turner for shooting his mouth off and causing even a LITTLE hysteria.  He's obviously been studying the likes of WikiLeak's Julian Assange; Airman Jack Teixeira; and Reality Winner (no 'a' missing) who apparently wanted to live up to her birth name.  I don't believe these people are divulging highly classified material because they genuinely care about our nation - it's for the Likes.  Would they feel differently if their own child serving in the military was in danger, or would their altruism win out?  Bah, humbug.

Switching a bit:  Any comparison of Trump and Navalny is just plain insulting:  to Alexy, his wife and family, Russian activists, and to those of us who cherish democracy.  Russia, or rather Vladimir Putin, will never allow Alexey Navalny's body be released for burial.  If he's criminalizing displays of random public memorials, do you think he'll allow a funeral anywhere in the USSR, let's call it what it is, again.  Putin's aim is to remove all traces of Navalvy; just as extremists here wish to erase memories of slavery and deny the Holocaust.  Vlad doesn't want to create a Soviet Mecca, so my belief is he'll quick-burn the body, then mysteriously lose the ashes.  Guess I got that wrong.

Next:  The FBI Informant in the news nowadays: the one Jim Jordan and his cronies have been touting to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Joe Biden is a crook.  Isn't it amazing to see the Exorcist-like spinning-heads now claiming the informant's info wasn't that important after all?   How DUMB do they think we are?  How can they face themselves in the mirror, lying to us like that?  I'm dumbfounded but not surprised:  they need to maintain any smudge on Biden's character to justify their fatally flawed front-runner, who can never rid himself of his smut, not that he cares.

Shift:  China's sending us Pandas again.  Didn't they recently take some back from the National Zoo because, in part, they're peeved?  I love the diplomacy:  they give us Pandas; we give them Manhattan.  Talk about lopsided.

- We're two years into the Ukranian war, not an anniversary to celebrate.  Remember how supportive everyone was in the beginning, waving blue and yellow, welcoming refugees?    Putin wasn't the only one who knew we'd grow tired of the war, since it's not ending quickly enough; and that's what's important in today's society.  But I must ask:  with all our advanced, time-saving innovations, why are 24 hours no longer enough time in a day to accomplish what past generations have with far fewer aids?

- Two years ago I warned a close gal-pal (a one-time Trump supporter) that following the reversal of Roe v. Wade (which we both were disheartened to hear), we'd eventually see the end of same-sex marriage.  She was horrified to imagine how that might affect her dear friends, a same-sex couple,

"Do you really think so?"

Of course, it's only a matter of time.  We're watching it already:

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee signed a new law (Feb 21) that will allow public officials in the state to refuse to perform marriages if doing so goes against their beliefs. (Source)

Then they shouldn't be a PUBLIC official, duh.  If this continues, I predict an eventual criminalization of homosexuality, sounds incredulous, I know.  (This law won't be restricted to same-sex marriages but also interracial, watch.)  Also from 2 years ago, I'll repeat my warnings about increasing Christian Nationalism following my own encounters here along the Oregon Coast:

"How dumb have we all become?  The latest, scariest thing I've heard is that Christians are working tirelessly to take over the country.  That would sound like a Conspiracy Theory to me if I wasn't surrounded by such Christians, all who feel they need to 'help me' find Christ, Jesus, God; their vernacular changes with the day.

"When rudely, bluntly asked, "Are you a Christian?" I've replied I'm a Christian Scientist.  Responses are identical:  "Oh, that's OK," even though they know nothing about the religion."

I'm sure people thought I was exaggerating, since my depiction seemed far-fetched and they themselves had never been asked.  I share those encounters with others because I still can't believe the gall of these hypocrites.  Two Workampers, who confided to me they are Jewish, described similar, uncomfortable questioning.  I can't remember how they answered, but they keep their Stars of David hidden inside their shirts.  Tell me that's ok.

Well, whaddaya think now, after hearing the Rath of God reason the Alabama Supreme Court Justice ruled that embroys are children.  Thank God many of the issues being reversed no longer pertain to me.  I could care less about In Vitro Fertilization; but I do have a vote, and care about fellow citizens OF ANY SEX who are desperate to have children, talk about cruel.

- I'll vote for the man again, but I cringe every time President Biden attempts to relate to supporters with swear words which sound out-of-place with his apparent Statesman-like character.  It reminds me of when, attempting to 'bond' with her daughters, Mom said a nasty word; except she didn't know how to use it in the correct context, so after a moment of shock, Hillary and I burst out laughing.  Thank goodness Mom gave up trying that tack.

- Taking into account Donald Trump's efforts to avoid paying a dime in restitution to anyone, I searched for an appropriate fabled character for comparison.  King Midas first came to mind, but eventually his curse (love of gold) was reversed and he became a benevolent king to his people.  Next was miserly Scrooge, squirreling away every penny, yet ultimately redeemed on Christmas Eve.

But I doubt Donald Trump would make such a transformation, not even if he lost something, or someone, extremely dear to his heart.  There's no redemption coming from that house - please don't give him the White House.  Nikki Haley has many good qualities.  You don't need to agree 100% with anyone; but at least she won't claim Black people like her because she's got her own mug-shot.  Talk about insulting.

If DJT is elected again, I forsee future disaster-related relief speedily dispersed to Republican-led states; while he'll drag his feet helping Democratic-led states like here in Oregon, you know I'm right.  He doesn't care that citizens of both parties reside in each state, for sycophantic-puppets in 50 state capitals is his goal.  Look at the takeover he's trying with the RNC.  Thank goodness there are at least some in Congress trying to curtail the RNC's bill-paying in his favor, 'bout time.  Shame on him, stealing money from people struggling to pay their own bills, who're betting he'll lead them to the Promised Land.  You're more likely to win a lottery.

And finally, talk about dumbing-down:  with all the murders on college campuses, not to mention shootings at every level of education, people will stop sending their kids to school, can't blame 'em.  So unless parents are at-home or have instilled a healthy dose of discipline in their offspring, how much do you imagine they'll learn?  As it is, fewer and fewer people are willing to go to work, so in time our Divided States of America will belong to someone else.  But that's alright - let's deny promised aid to our friends.  They'll value our lives as highly as we do theirs.

5 comments:

  1. Wow ! Well said ! You oughta run for office yourself , I’d easily campaign for you . At minimum , you’re an influencer !!!
    Christian hypocrisy , gay rights embryo ownership , the Russian czar “ Peeeutin “ and Anybody BUT Trump . I’m a Nikki Haley fan , bc Tump needs “ a firing “in other words his ass kicked , my default is Biden !

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU SURE GOT A LOT OFF YOUR MIND:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to. Stupid s__t's happening faster than I can write.

      Delete
  3. I agree with everything you said! We are living in some very strange times!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.