"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Apr 1, 2021

It's a Conundrum

"I wish I didn't feel compelled to determine the sex of some of these people on TV.  If they're not men dressing as women, then there are some truly butt-ugly gals out there,"  I wrote to a friend this morning.

I guess I'm a...what am I?  During my stay in Community First, there was one striking couple who walked their dogs and roamed the grounds frequently:  a quite overweight woman in a wheelchair and a man with long blond locks sporting a skirt, knee-highs and sandals.  They claimed to be a gay couple, but another volunteer countered:

"You're not a gay couple.  You're a man and woman living together," leaving out any clothing comments.

So what are they?  And if they choose to call themselves a Gay couple, who are we to object?  Personally, it wasn't their gender identification which bothered me, but the total lack of fashion sense.  In addition to counseling for Gender Dysphoria, how about springing for a Master Class or two in makeup and dress-up?

I can't be the only one finding it more confusing, and silly, to check the appropriate box on Sex on forms, have you seen the choices lately?  And what's the 'Non-binary' category...plants?

Why don't they add, "Yes, Please"? I'd check that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.