"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 7, 2022

Stink Levels and Other Declarations

"Stink level 12 hours after shower without Lume: 5 out of 10; with Lume: 0."

It's bad enough watching Lume's inventor demonstrate how to apply her product between butt cheeks, but when she talks about 'Stink Levels' and passes it off as Scientific Evidence, I crack up every time.

How do you measure someone's stink level?  Talk about a nasty job.  Can't ask a machine to do that if it has no base of reference. The only sentient being I can imagine willing to take that on is a DOG.

The irony, of course, is that if dog-owners use Lume regularly, how will their pets recognize them?  One thing you can count on, whether or not you own one, is a dog sticking its nose in your como-se-llama (when you're wearing nice clothes) to help determoine friend or foe, is that how Lume does it?

The first time I watched a Ballsy commercial for men's Under-Belt Shavers I was in tears of laughter.  At first I thought it was a Saturday Night Live skit, then felt quite naive not to have known that was a thing.  After all this time you'd think I'd have learned, but none of my partners resembled Missing Links.

So OK, I'll own up to the latest announcement to hit the airwaves:  I am a Woman who Poops.  But did you notice that after the first couple airings they blanked out the word POOP, just like they do the word faggot in Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing"?

So what's next: breastfeeding demonstrations, comparing tampons realistically or watching a cystoscopy?  OMG, what a urethral experience... 

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the one with the kid in the high chair, covered with spaghetti sauce; dad goes out of room to get babywipes or something; comes back, baby all clean & nearby dog is licking its chops. Makes me smile every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lumi one is pretty weird. I sort of felt maybe I HAD to go out and get some.....god forbid, my stink level was too high!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another to add to the ridiculous list are the detergents to make your clothes smell "good" after washing! Has anyone ever had stinky clothes come out of the washing machine?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to look up the commercial on YouTube, and it IS hysterical. It reminds me of the Poopourri Spray ads from a couple of years ago. TV has gone the full monty with adverts like Sh*ttin' Pretty, Party Pooper, Poo-Tonium, etc. (and get 15% off). What are we? Twelve years old? But yes, they are funny. Now they'll have to come up with an invention to cover the sounds made in public toilets. (Call it a PooTooter?)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.