"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 3, 2018

Community First, the Movie

When I first got to Community First Village last year Layton Blaylock of Inferno Films had begun filming a documentary about the village and stopped to speak to this newcomer.  I explained I was a Workamper and he asked if I would agree to an interview.

What do you think I said?

Well, Layton is finishing up his film but prepared a short trailer, during which you get a overall and aerial view of the community. I've written about it of course, but a picture's worth a thousand of my words, certainly.  As more of these communities pop up around the country it would be helpful if people saw what was in mind:

Community First, A Home for the Homeless

Please share the trailer if you're good at social media. The more who view, the better.

You've heard the expression, "You don't choose the cause; the cause chooses you."  Poverty isn't exactly what I had in mind as a kid, wanting to become a Public Defender, but I guess it's relative.

I'll tell you one thing:  sure am glad I'm not in Austin now, yikes!

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.