"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 5, 2022

Situation Found

Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit! Hot diggety, we found a place to park, still can't believe.  I'm black and blue from pinching myself and keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but that should pass.  No great surprise, considering what I've gone through the past 5 months, I think.  In a nutshell:

I got off my duff and updated my resume, since more and more places advertising for Workampers require it.  I haven't touched mine in at least 10 years. and what a boost for Ego-Amy to see (our) skills and accomplishments in black and white.  "Wow," and adding a photo of BC and me, I sent it off to a couple places.

The other day I had a Zoom interview for an RV resort on the Oregon coast and was offered the Workamper position in their office making reservations, checking in and out visitors, and sales and stocking in their gift shop.  In exchange for a place to park my RV, I can do that.  Another great opportunity to satisfy my frustrated Stand-Up Comic-side by regaling visiting guests with entertaining stories, Bush-Whacking in the Nudist Colony comes to mind.

Since my last post of impending doom, in addition to holding my breath and keeping fingers crossed for Ukraine, I've been plugging away, moving my stuff from my old RV into my new.  Thankfully they're parked end-to-end so the schlepping hasn't been terribly bad.  What I'm constantly surprised at is how much JUNK I've accummulated since the last time I've done a good purge, and must be creative to squeeze in as much as possible.  Any excess goes back to Goodwill.

Not wanting to but unable to resist remodeling, one of the first things I did was turn a divided cupboard into a full-length closet, right.  I cut a piece of PVC I had lying around, attached it with a rod pocket set left over from the teardrop, then added the pretty floral clothes bag, from where else?



In my Goodwill scrounging I've been collecting Holland America commemorative Delft tiles, below, and after seeing someone else's idea online, I'm only one tile short of covering one of my bedroom 'night tables'.  Isn't that what always happens?  I'll drive myself crazy searching for the last one.  Sure, I can buy one online, but what fun is that?

In my last RV, one of the first things I did was chalk-paint the cabinets from ugh-brown to sea-green-blue.  I'm dying to do something in this one but I've got too much other stuff to do.

I've hooked up the electricity to the new RV but still have the water/sewar lines hooked up to the old, necessitating mad dashes at all hours, but that's ok.  It's only temporary, and I'm able to test everything out before I actually move. 

I'm sleeping like a baby in this queen-size bed, it's been wonderful.  In order to have a bit more space to walk around the bed (and there's a second outside door in the bedroom, to the right) I rounded the corners of the bed's platform base using my hobby saw, and shortened the foam mattress with an electric knife picked up for 2 bucks, sure wish I'd made that investment long ago.

I've had to read manuals and look for online tips to use my propane heater without kicking on the ceiling fan (set it on Auto); using the remote for the 20-something inch TV/VCR, which I don't really care about but as long as I have it; and since I haven't owned a microwave in over 20 years, I've nuked a Tupperware lid, which didn't melt, and the oven instructions, which didn't burn.  That may seem fundamental to you, but it's new to me.

I start my new position the beginning of April, so I'm trying like crazy to finish fixing up my old RV to sell, plus I sort-of promised Pastor Chad that I'd paint something on the new lobby wall for Rogue Retreat, which oversees Hope Village.  It's only March 5th...I can do this.

So after all that Section 8 bullshit, I have a home.  And a place to put it. Life is good. 😁

2 comments:

  1. ou are an amazing woman! I am privileged to call you my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.