"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Apr 22, 2018

Living in a Vacuum

"Space devoid of matter." That's what my head feels like, except I've got Amy to keep me company.

"I need a hug." Her: "Don't touch me!"

"I feel so alone." Her: "Don't talk to me!"

"Boo, hoo, hoo." Her: "Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it."

Amy does come in handy from time to time. Tino painted (half of) that portrait from a photo I needed for his immigration paperwork. I had to show my ear; seems kind of odd. I was 38 at the time.

And here I am in my 60's, totally ashamed at my current predicament. I feel like the female version of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, living my life in reverse.

Hell, at least I'm still vertical, as Charlie would say. It's a beautiful day in SoO, and BC and I seem to be bonding more these days. I don't know if that's because she senses my mood, or that despite my current aggravations I'm a much calmer Amy.

Thank goodness I can still laugh. I spoke to a young couple last night, gave them firewood and information, until finally they hinted that they spoke to me the day before.

"Sorry, terrible facial recognition problem. Come by tomorrow and introduce yourselves again."

It took him a bit longer than her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.