"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jun 29, 2020

Was John Wayne a Racist?

I put on movies I've already seen dozens of time, for noise. I don't need to pay attention since I know the scripts by heart; and only stop a task to watch my favorite parts. So last night's choice was one of my favorites, you know me: The Alamo, starring John Wayne, who also produced and directed.

Jim Bowie was a slave-trader, and one 'loyal' slave was with him during the fighting. Jim B. granted him his freedom towards the end, "I promised my (Mexican) wife."

So...I imagine it's just a matter of time before this film is targeted; along with the rest of the Duke's films (and Bowie knives).  That's not going to make Texans happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.