"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 29, 2021

We're Giving Money to WHO?

Urban campground
We're considering giving $450,000 to every man, woman and child separated at the border during the Trump administration?  Where am I living?  I've got to emigrate to somewhere else, then maybe I can get some real help, too.  This is BULLSHIT.

Why can't we come up with $10,000 for every man, woman and child currently living on the streets in America?  That's how much an average tiny-house structure costs; and it can be reused over and over.  We're paying for it anyway, in the cost of medical services, estimated to run approx. $90,000 per year per homeless person.  Who average 4-5 trips to the Emergency Room...around here the ambulance alone runs $2,000 per trip, no matter the distance.

There are ways to solve homelessness, if we really want to.  In the meantime, I'll smile and welcome the Haitians, Afghans, Central Americans and everyone else who's having a tough time in their homeland.  I can relate.  It's not their fault their plights seem more sympathetic than home-grown misery. I'm sure many an inner-city family would love to escape gang violence and poverty, and would be happy with much less than $450,000; but I guess they don't look as cute on TV.

It seems to me that poverty is the main contributing factor to racism.  Newcomers are always seen as an economic threat.  If everyone had enough to eat and a roof over their head, what would they bitch about?  Other things, but not necessarily tied to newcomers with different skin tones.

That's something that should be included in school curriculums.  I keep saying, "Rich people don't start revolutions."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.