"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 31, 2023

Don't Let FEAR Paralyze You

I've remembered those words throughout my life and for the most part have lived the talk.  But I had to repeat them to myself this morning as I reached for my Hebrew name necklace, you've seen the news.  Unfortunately, it now means I'm pinning a target to my body, no telling what kind of nut-case I might accidentally bump into.

If that's how I feel, imagine the Jewish and Muslim population.  How did we devolve into such a hate-filled society?  Who can we blame (in our eternal blame-game):  MAGA Republicans?  Immigrants?  Democrats?   Atheists?  No, there's no one to blame but those of us with...

A lack of moral courage.

I don't want to be part of that group; I hope to never become so lackadaisical about what's going on around me.

I am not anti-Palestinian; however, I can't help but ask how an entire population could go along with leader-thugs for so long?

Someone reminded me that since Hammas was elected in 2006, there hasn't been another election.  Here's a quote I happen to agree with:

 “It’s an entire nation out there that is responsible,” Israeli President Isaac Herzog told reporters. “This rhetoric about civilians not aware, not involved, it’s absolutely not true. They could’ve risen up, they could have fought against that evil regime.”

This is more familiar:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

It's one thing to say it; it's another to live it.  To continue my discussion with 'Someone', who observed:

"It's the same as if Trump came back to power, what are you going to do?"

"Well, I would hope that if Skinheads all of a sudden began patroling our streets that people would rise up against them.  I would."

Tough talk for a 68-yr old woman with arthritis.  But, dammit, I hope to God, Jehovah, Muhammad and Buddha that I would.

But gee, am I asking to get beaten up or set on fire for my principles?  I hope not, I don't really want to become a martyr.  So what do I do?

Handle fear, put on the necklace and wear it proudly.  Don't put up with bullies, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.