"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 21, 2020

Inquietudes

Inquietude (in-kwahy-i-tood):  noun.
1) restlessness or uneasiness; disquietude.  2) inquietudes, disquieting thoughts: beset by myriad inquietudes.


(Drop In and listen along to Kenny Rogers singing a classic with the First Edition, Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In).

“I woke up this morning with the sundown shining in”

Another fine day with the Corona-virus.

“I found my mind in a brown paper bag within”

Fear had taken a terrible hold of me.

“I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high”

Suffered a breakdown yesterday, pondering the inequities of life.

“I tore my mind on a jagged sky”

Considered running rampant through the streets of quarantined towns, coughing and spewing.

“I just dropped in to see what condition (your) condition was in”

Mom would say, “Your supply doesn’t come from elsewhere (a job, a stock portfolio, Uncle Sam); it comes from God.”

“Yeah, yeah, oh yeah”

I began to relax immediately.

“I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in”

I did that already – 10 years ago, and I’m not going back.

“I watched myself crawling out as I was a-crawling in”

Ditto.

“I got up so tight I couldn't unwind”

I call her Amy.

“I saw so much I broke my mind”

Homelessness, helplessness.

“I just dropped in to see what condition (your) condition was in”

Good to hear from you, Mom.

“Someone painted April Fool in big black letters on a Dead End sign”

Musta been a Trump supporter.

“I had my foot on the gas as I left the road and blew out my mind”

Contemplating Thelma and Louise with BC; except I know we’d wind up in a tree like Jurassic Park.

“Eight miles outta Memphis and I got no spare”

Desperate to escape the USA; anywhere where greed, selfishness and ugliness haven't become the New Norm.

“Eight miles straight up downtown somewhere”

Nothing to do but stay put and change my attitude.

“I just dropped in, to see what condition (your) condition was in”

A friend recommended a post on Silence. Writing is my way of tuning-out. It's more soothing than banging pots and pans.

"Yeah, yeah oh-yeah"  Thank you Kenny, for the tunes, and Mom, for the reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.