"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 24, 2022

Gonna Re-Join the Living, Even If It Kills Me

It was difficult to get dressed on my day off, but the title of this post popped into mind.  I've begun reaching out again to old friends, and I hope to sign up to volunteer with the local Art Center.  I've put that off for various reason since arriving in this town, but I really need to get involved in something.

I've also come to the conclusion that, particularly since BC died, I've developed (even moreso) my Don't Give a Shit attitude.  But I have to keep a lid on that while at work, for as my manager gently suggested the other day (after our encounter with a particularly difficult client),

"In the future, you might not want to tell a customer that if they don't like our Rules they can go to another park.  We do want business."  She had a hard time keeping a straight face and I appreciated both her humor and understanding, but I don't wanna push my luck.  You betcha, regardless of my DGAS 'tude. I like my job, and alreasdy vowed what I told my boss back in Manhattan:

"If you want me to stand on my head naked in Macy's window, I'll do it."  As long as I understand why...

The point is, follow the rules or leave.  And I don't want to leave.  I won't blame Amy this time.

1 comment:

  1. Addressing the attitude of not giving a shxx , imho , can be very good ! It clears out the junk laden stuff the commercial , consumeristic world wants to distract us with .
    After the worldwide pandemic shut out travel , entertainment and shopping I was able to focus on things that truly matter .
    Tv advertising , infotainment , the daily news hypes , the constant push for selling us stuff became NOISE and “ annoise “ the hell out of me now .

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.