"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Feb 11, 2024

"Cougars for Change" - Advocating for Equal Pay and Housing

Like that slogan?  The thought struck me to begin reaching out to various politicians across the country regarding two issues; one, a recent idea:

Women's Retirement Inequality, (but I include young women since it'll affect them, too.)  We're living on less than our contemporaries, simply because of our anatomical differences.  We shouldn't be forced to undergo sex change operations to qualify for equal pay.  As long as we're fighting for equal rights, then how about this one?

My Second Issue has been #1 for the past 10 years: the offshoot of my forever-quest for Affordable Housing.  Unfortunately, it, too, affects women of ALL ages.  I am including a link to an online interview from 2021 which remains pertinent:

Unwanted Land Could Put an End to Homelessness

I no longer live close enough to a tiny home community in which to volunteer, more's the pity; but I can write about and share my experiences.

So with that in mind I decided to clean up my blog  to better showcase past posts on the subject, should anyone of influence visit.  Please note the list on the left with posts related to Poverty in America.

Thank you for your attention.


4 comments:

  1. Like the slogan! Count me in! Equality for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely in solidarity about less earnings and affordable housing. I would love a tiny house in a cold climate, near a ski area and a mall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another issue is that because women don't make the salaries their male counterparts do, their social security payouts after 35 years is substantially less - especially if they are single retirees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - that was my issue in the original post.

      Delete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.