"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Apr 11, 2014

National Siblings Day



Yesterday was National Siblings Day.  Did you even know there was such a thing?  I heard it on the radio for the first time late in the afternoon, yet still early enough to call Sis on the East Coast to say Hi, I love you.

Someone was thinkin'.  At first I discounted the idea of a call, making lame excuses to speak to her another time.  But what if I get hit by a bus next week?  I’ll have missed a National Holiday without even celebrating it once.

Not me, no sirree.  I don’t want to miss out on (much of) anything for the rest of my time on earth.  So if there’s a sibling out there to whom you’ve lost touch, send a quick note, text message or Tweet asking if they’ve even heard of such a thing!  It’s a great conversation starter, and better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.