"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 14, 2012

Tiny Angels

Up until now, the most noteworthy thing about Oregon's shopping malls has been the one with the practice rink used by a figure skater who got into trouble because of a pipe, the plumbing kind, I believe.  I’m afraid I didn’t hear about this week’s Food Court shooting until a couple of days later, and I lived and shopped in Clackamas with Tino in the ‘90’s.  The scarey things is that while we all shake our heads, unconsciously we're becoming numb to mass shootings until we're hit with yet another sensational incident.

But how could anyone possibly gun down a bunch of toddlers, no matter how whacked in the head?  It’s more than inhuman; deluded visions of being known throughout history, as a mass murderer if you can’t make a name any other way.

My heart goes out to everyone involved in today’s horrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  I am so, so, sorry for the parents, siblings, spouses and extended families of the Sandy Hook Elementary School victims.
 
I’m not registering the jerk’s name, and neither should you.  Let’s NOT help carve his name in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.