"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 25, 2012

Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas

“And in case you didn’t know…"

…Burl Ives sang a lot more songs than that one, but who remembers?  That was the topic of the radio announcer’s sober dissertation the other morning.
“One day, after everyone’s forgotten Hotel California and Peaceful, Easy Feeling, the Eagles will still be remembered for, “Please Come Home for Christmas.”
He’s probably right.  I heard a new song this year, for me at least, which has become an instant holiday favorite around my four walls,
“I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas,” by John Rox, 1953.  Where have I been?
It's beaten out "Grandma Got Run Over."  I enjoy holiday spoofs, but I happen to think, “If I could have a Beer with Jesus,” by Thomas Rhett, seems just a bit too close to being sacrilegious to me (and I’m pretty tolerant).  The visual, you know, but oh, well, that’s me.
Merry Christmas to you, and,
“God bless us…everyone!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.