"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Nov 3, 2021

Congratulations Atlanta!

And MVP Jorge Soler in particular.  Virtual congrats to Tom and daughter Pam, huge Braves fans.  When Pam's son was born I painted this higüera and filled it with baby-stuff.

Winning the World Series after 30 years is a much pleasanter topic than a couple of alternatives I have, but honestly my thoughts are elsewhere.

Today is the only break in the rain expected for no telling how long, so I'm looking forward to the relatively mindless task of slapping at least one coat of varnish on my unfinished teardrop. I use terrific paint (Jo Sonja Jansen acrylics) which has held up great in the rain we've had the past couple weeks; but I'm pushing my luck to assume it will be fine until March.

I've got a long list of picayune details I still want to add that'll take more than a day to complete. I'll add them on top of the varnish whenever we have sunshine again; not the best method, but it can be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.