"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 10, 2020

Happy Hanukkah

I'm not posting an explanation of Hanukkah like I did for Bodhi Day yesterday; because if you don't know the reason for celebration by now, you really should look it up.

I am so happy I grew up in an inclusive environment, I'll describe that instead:

"Inclusive communities are welcoming to diverse groups of people, including, but not limited to, seniors, youth, children, immigrants and newcomers, persons with disabilities, people experiencing mental health challenges, and low-income populations.

"Does everything that it can to respect all its citizens, gives them full access to resources, and promotes equal treatment and opportunity. Works to eliminate all forms of discrimination. Engages all its citizens in decision-making processes that affect their lives. Values diversity."

So to my friends and strangers alike I wish a wonderful Festival of Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.