"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 27, 2020

This is what happens...

 

...with nothing but time and a paint brush in my hands.  During my teardrop's facelift, I should call it, I thought it would make sense to have a breadbox in the back kitchen space, since it mirrors the shape of the tiny trailer.  I found not one but two in Goodwill, where else; and after painting this Breads box, originally from the Cookbook People, I had to paint the smaller, junkier one to match.  Love the red...I wanted to try it out before using it on the teardrop doors.
 
It's fun to be an artist if you don't have to worry about making a living at it.  But painting these has been really taxing on my diet, since I vowed to lose the equivalent of two prize turkeys off my hips, stomach and thighs before I officially retire next month.  Good luck to me and the Mets, but hope springs eternal.  Cute boxes, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.