"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 29, 2018

Yahoo News Pretty Sick

So I click on the story about the family who plunged off that scary California highway in their SUV, and several children are still missing. Years ago, after some racial trouble, one boy was famously photographed hugging a police officer. It's a horrible tragedy, and in the news now.

What bothered me was the automatically-played Yahoo video: photos of the family, the coast and the sheriff, with brief facts or quotations, fade in and out while accompanied by soothing music. Looks like something Costco produces using shots of family vacations. I stared like a boob 'til I realized I was being hypnotized.

I have no doubt that, in time, emergency vehicles responding to highway fatalities will broadcast music automatically to save money in final editing. Look for a Top 10 contest.

We're witnessing the numbing of America. Still have your Facebook account?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.