"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 21, 2012

Rapture, BC Style

Selective hearing: something else dogs and men have in common.  BC can be invisible for hours, ignoring all manner of commands; but let food come into the picture and she’s there.  Another thing she has in common with me.

The last time we had the end of the world, it coincided with a neighbor’s barbeque; unrelated events, but also scheduled to begin at 6pm.  There was never any question about my being left behind, but just in case all the food went, too, I arrived at 5:30 and pigged that last half hour.

So we’re gettin' ready for grocery shopping.  Part of me hopes the prediction is true; then I won’t need to worry about the electric bill.  But I’ll bet that I wake up tomorrow morning, and I’ll have company.  No, not in bed, unfortunately, but I’ll stick my head outside and look for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.