"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 17, 2013

Erin go Braugh

Gourdaments, app. 3" tall, A. Jansen
Happy St. Patrick's Day!  My good friend and I exchanged greetings this morning; she is, I ain't, but it doesn't matter.  Then I remarked that I hadn't heard a peep about the Ides of March, which was the 15th.  No, she hadn't either.  So, what, people don't know Caesar without the Salad; haven't read Shakespeare; or even watched Cleopatra with Taylor and Burton?

What is this world coming to.  As you can tell, I enjoy painting little figurines; my patience for detail work was always a marvel to my last partner.

"How come you have patience for that, but not for me?"

"The gourds don't talk back."

No wonder I live alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.