"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 2, 2013

Poison Fingers


“You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose.  But you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”

I learned that little ditty from X-1.  It came to mind yesterday while shopping for something I once could not live without:

Nail polish.

An amazing experience; how things have changed.  For one thing, best I can recall, black wasn’t an option unless it was October, and there are bottles with contents which look uncannily like Glitter Glue, in gold, silver and bronze.  But what got me cackling was when I spotted,

“Now, with fragrance!”

George Carlin immediately came to mind as I considered WHY you would care if your nails smelled sweet.  Does the wearer wave digits under her nose while driving through Staten Island, like smelling salts?

Please tell me young girls aren’t lerning to stick fingers in other’s noses as an acceptable social greeting.  Am I the only one who finds this funny?  Someone’s laughing all the way to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.