"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Feb 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Week!



A friend’s grown daughter celebrates not her birth-day, but birth-week.  A level-headed gal, she plans and saves throughout the year to treat herself nicely, often involving a brief out-of-town trip, complete with frills.

I happen to think that’s a fabulous idea; one we all should adopt.  Make it easier on kids with December 25th-type birthdays.  

So for those of you with Valentines to share, why not stretch it out for a week? Or at least through the weekend?  I'm convinced Hallmark determines Hanukkah, therefore the precedence for fiddling with holidays has already been set.  Poor Easter Bunny must get awfully confused.

I chose February 14th as the date for doomed Wedding #2, which, as yet untouched by selective memory, I do not recommend for any idealistic, unmarried readers.  It begins my own holiday trilogy: followed up by my Sister's and late Father's birthdays, much more pleasant to recollect.  One right after another, it's easy to remember.   

So I think I’ll take a page from my book, cut this post short, and stretch out my own week.
Enjoy your Valentines, chocolate or other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.