The truth is, our Justice Department isn't really interested in successful prosecutions - they just want to break people financially, if they can't throw them in jail (per their leader's instructions); Dr. Fauci's the latest example. Not every lawyer's going to work pro-bono.
Waiting things out - that's the flip side of Trump's coin of leadership. He learned those lessons long ago by Roy Cohn (dec.), who, among other things, helped Joe McCarthy investigate suspected communists.Isn't that what's happening now? Maligning and labeling people who have any leanings towards, in my mind, a better sense of fairness and opportunity? Any time I pause on Fox News for the flip side, the word COMMUNIST is part of the conversation. Why? It's scarier than calling people Socialists. Looking back at the McCarthy period people now ask, "How could so many go along? I wouldn't have names names."
Soon will come the time to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Don't pre-claim what you'll do - I intentially did not write 'you would' because it's an inevitability. You WILL be asked to identify neighbors who become a target of the Administration. Some time ago I predicted that would happen when it came to illegal immigrants, offering money or other incentives to turn in a neighbor. It doesn't stop at one perceived threat.How little would they need to offer (you) to identify what they're calling a Communist? Here, I'll make it easy for you - something I've been meaning to use in a post, might as well be here.I've kept this little booklet since college, c. 1982; living in West Germany, hoping not to be near another Baader-Meinhof attack while driving on Post; waiting for the MPs to finish using their mirrors to look underneath cars (and ladies' skirts). It made an impression and certainly helped form long-held opinions, such as the following:I was visiting Uncle J and Aunt C after Mom died in 2016. I can't recall the tinder, but at some point I said,
"I think every child should have free breakfasts in school, regardless of income."
Poor families' kids; rich families' kids. Isn't the important thing that all children be properly fed, to give them a level playing field at least on some level?
"ARE YOU A SOCIALIST?!" I'll never forget the volume.
"I suppose I am," I answered easily. I didn't think it was any big thing, but in retrospect this began what was to be a source of contention between Uncle J and who my cousins will claim was his favorite niece. His phone conversations invariably included the names Nancy Pelosi or AOC uttered with disdain, no matter how hard I begged him to skip the politics, since I'd long since given up on proferring my opinions. My sister asked the same of me; I love them both.
So if I'm advocating for equality and compassion, does that make me a Socialist? GUILTY. Do I advocate declaring Economic Position and Property a legally protected classes under the Federal Fair Housing Act? GUILTY. Wha??? In a nutshell:
In 2014 I was struggling to find clean, safe and reasonably-priced long-term (month-to-month) parking for my older RV. Because of increasing popularity, RV parks began initiating arbitrary policies restricting RVs to 'no older than 10 years'. I'd walk into an office and go through all the verbal communication; they liked me and my dog; but when it came to how old my RV was, "Sorry, no room at this Inn." No sign posting their age-restriction policy.I complained (to myself) that I couldn't possibly - while driving around looking for a place to park each night? So what's stopping me now?
People reading may not understand the implication, but what I campaigned against 12 years ago has MORPHED INTO BROKEN DOWN RVs ON YOUR STREETS!! Might as well shout from the rooftops, from Economic Equality:"Race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability and familial status are all legally recognized Protected Classes in the United States. Excluded are Economic Position and Property, which are included in a United Nations treaty covering the principle of non-discrimination."
Here's what the UN also considers protected rights and shoot me, I happen to agree:
In 2022 I managed to purchase a 2016 model and moved to my current location as a Workamper, but this year my rig's 10 years old. After 4 years on the coast it's rusted in spots, and the interior's been remodeled by me until it's finally just right. Point: hasn't increased in value.Language, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, nationality, age, economic position, property,
If something happened, forcing me to leave, I'd be in a real pickle. What could happen? Well, what if somebody reads my words and decides to report me to the owners, who subsequently fire me; tell me you haven't heard that before. I've never clearly identified where I live and work, I'm no dummy.
But what if they did? Even if I stop writing against the administration's actions, my old words are always around. The thought of having to live in one of those 'trailer trash' places has caused some sleepless nights; but at least I have a roof. Kind-hearted people tell me, "You can always (drop) on my doorstep," but that's not a permanent solution, thank you. The country needs a solution, and it'll cut down on crime as well.
Many have simply given up - heads in the sand - don't want to hear - hoping it'll all comes out in the wash. Even me - leaning towards 'should I only write 'fluff' pieces and shy away from unpleasant topics'? I mull that over from time to time, but I just can't. I'll write lighthearted stories, sure, but must continue to document my own experience, that's what a Blog's for.Their accusations don't pass muster: where's the proof in their claims that (we) want to abolish the police and throw everyone out of their homes; and most of all, beware anyone with a Middle Eastern name, excluding Sultan, et al. And whatever other horrible things they say against people like me.
I may have digressed from the original topic, but the root cause remains the same. Hold Epstein's cohorts responsible, ladies, SHOUT THEIR NAMES FROM THE ROOFTOPS - seems like a pretty good time to me. Besides, I thought that was one of the repercussions for not releasing all the files, unredacted. Don't give people cause to doubt.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Add a comment