"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Oct 3, 2022

Time to Start the Blame Game

At what point before the flames reach you do you need someone else to tell you to turn on the fire extinguisher?

Those are harsh words, but are they unfounded?  I prepared my trawler for multiple hurricanes while living in Puerto Rico, moving to a hurricane hole and arranging to sleep on the floor of a friend's concrete home without any formal directions, which I couldn't have understood anyway because I don't speak fluent Spanish.  Didn't matter WHERE it would strike; I'd likely be affected.  I remained on the boat for one tropical storm, which was enough to teach me to skedaddle before any future swirls made their way across the Atlantic.

I had damage and didn't have any boat insurance, and yes, FEMA helped a bit, for which I was grateful.

But did I blame someone else for my decisions?  Who, Mother Nature

Text me her number while I pack my own parachute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.