"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Mar 28, 2016

Square Pegs and Tranny Bathrooms



Already I’m imagining the scene I’ll cause the first time I confront a Transgender in a public Ladies Room. Perhaps you’ll catch it on somebody’s You Tube channel.

I’ll admit upfront that I haven’t been keeping abreast of the situation; NPR snippets keep me informed in general, but this one is causing, at least to me, some concern.  It seems that my inalienable rights as a human female are about to be subjected to something which I just don’t think my 59-and-holding brain can grasp.

I don’t want to share my Ladies Room.  I have nothing against Transgenders; in another life I may be one myself.  But please, in all fairness, let’s not ignore just yet the uncomfortable-ness many of us will experience while shopping; not knowing what to expect when we need to take a piss.

Oh, is that too unladylike?  Isn’t that the point?  I’ve spent my fair share of time in Men’s Rooms over the course of my life; usually at concerts when the line to the Ladies room wrapped around the stage.  It was that or the ground, and I was in and out so fast that most of the fellows weren’t even aware.

Will there be some sort of dress code, or will just any young man with a penchant for peeking at ladies’ bottoms be allowed in with the password, “I’m a Tranny”?  Aahhh, hadn’t thought of that?

Do they want urinals, too?  My biggest peeve, truth be told, is that most men can’t aim worth a damn; something the urinal makers already knew.  And since there’s no way to monitor whether someone's sitting or standing on the other side of the door, I just don’t want to be the next one in that stall.

Hadn’t thought of that, either, huh?

There are very simple solutions to this dilemma: allow Transgenders into Family bathrooms…I’m sure parents won’t mind.  However, my vote for the most equitable would be third bathrooms. I’d be willing to lose a stall or two if the Mens Rooms did the same; then add a separate door. Everybody would be happy; save a few lawsuits; but in today’s society it seems more important to take issue than compromise and resolve. 

Therefore, be forewarned: I’ll be the one reminding you on the other side of the door,

“Make sure you aim!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.