"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 25, 2012

Doppelganger



Portait by Tino Jansen
I’ve given up trying to re-learn the names of things we were taught as kids, like:

Countries:  the USSR, et al.  The names were hard enough to memorize before The Wall came down.  And to the next Premier of Russia:  could you please stop changing St. Petersburg?

Airports:  I always knew how to get home via Newark:  EWR.  Now it’s Liberty International, but even if I could afford airfare I wouldn’t have a clue as to which acronym to insert.  When Cape Canaveral turned into Kennedy Space Center, that should have been enough.

Sports teams:  the Brooklyn Dodgers.  OK, the New York Giants, and I’m from ‘Jersey.

Medical conditions:  Manic depression is now Bi-polar, or at the last time I checked.  That Jimi Hendrix song just wouldn’t sound the same.

And the one which bugs us all:  Pluto.  You just can’t make a planet then take it away for no good reason. May not be relative, but it’s my blog.

It’s good to be a DID; I can bounce ideas off myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.