"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 30, 2024

From a Childless 'Dog' Lady

Well, I've had about enough of J.D. Vance.  If I ever had a doubt over who I would support this November, his comments about, "...childless, cat-ladies," extended to dogs, would have made up my mind.  Is having children a pre-requisite of being a Republican?

I don't guess it matters much because I haven't heard anyone take him seriously; but what really turns my stomach is his view that childless couples should have fewer rights to shape our country than those with a passel-full of unruly brats.

Based on observations over the past 30 or 40 years, I'm afraid I view most Millenials and Gen's X,  Z and now A's as brats. They never learned manners or how to communicate at home; but rather were thrown at the school system, hoping for what, positive behavioral results?   Except you've penalized teachers for trying to discipline and correct said brats, so what can you expect?

Throughout my life, I never had a choice whether or not to contribute to School Taxes, and based on what I've observed, my money has been wasted.  Granted, there are rare exceptions, which we tend to view with astonishment.

I only have a handful of friends who also remained childless.  Why are we being targeted?  I made a conscious decision not to have children - I didn't have the temperament.  Wasn't it better that I had my tubes tied rather than spit them out and pray I wasn't an abuser, physically or mentally?  There are loads of Mothers out there who shouldn't be, you know that's true; so I consider myself smart to have realized my limitations and prevented unwanted pregnancies.

So to you people with children:  If you agree with the views of the former President and his 'heir apparent' then you must not think much of me.  Wow, I never realized childless people were so disliked.  That's alright - I chalk it up to jealousy.

1 comment:

  1. I love my childless life. Leaves me more time to spend with animals who are usually kinder and better behaved than most humans!!! From Robin

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.