"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 9, 2024

A New Ticket?

I've been a Biden supporter since before he decided to run.  I thought we needed someone with a Statesman's demeanor, good character and experience, and I'm glad he won.  I'll vote for him again, if he winds up at the top of the ticket.

It's hard to watch people picking apart the President's every move before we've had more of a chance to watch him without a script.  I'm willing to wait, but here's what irks me about Biden's reaction to this melee:

- Why not go ahead and submit to a cognitive exam, if it'll shut us all up?  If he really is up to the position then he should have nothing to worry about; but his interview-answer to George Stephanopoulis was something to the effect,

"I have a cognitive test every day in the Oval Office (making decisions)."

If I gave a flip answer like that in school or at home it would not have gone over well, I can tell you.  What would my Boss have said?

THAT bothers me - we are his Boss, and to so glibly dismiss our concerns concerns me.  Makes me question his real motives.

"If Trump wins then I'll know at least I did my best."

No one doubts he'd do his best but at this point is his best good enough?  And the decision rests with him?  Isn't that like...well, you've heard enough similes to choose your own.

And another thing - they overdid Biden's makeup job before the George S. interview; trying, of course, to make us forget how sickly he looked during the debate. If he was really under-the-weather, why didn't someone pick up on that?  Of course people look pale, but that's what Cosmetologists are for.  Doesn't anybody remember the classic Nixon/Kennedy debate?

We're running out of time.  If we have to choose another candidate I'll support a Kamala Harris/Antony Blinken ticket.  It's her turn, and he doesn't seem to court controversy as he diplomatizes his way around the globe; plus he can jump onstage and play his guitar, young people would like that.

I wish we didn't have to consider this scenario, but we do.  You know the Peter Principle whereby,

"People are promoted to their level of incompetence."

That's why so many f_k-ups are in charge of so many things.  If Biden leaves now at least he'd leave on a positive note.  Gives me agita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.