"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jul 14, 2024

An Affront to Us All

When I heard yesterday's news about the assassination attempt on former President Trump, I went into shock and began to cry.  I'm sure I wasn't alone when I flashed back to the JFK assassination; then MLK's; then RFK's; even the attempt on George Wallace.  I'm not discounting the Reagan, Gifford and Scalise attempts; but the former occurred during my formative years, in relatively quick succession.

It was a frightening time.  The shock to the nation I vividly recall, and now, unfortunately, it's something else to pile on our young people.  SHAME on anyone who expresses glee over yesterday's news.  Sure, many of us couldn't help but wonder,

"What took (some idiot) so long?"

But we didn't really expect it would happen.    It looks like some stupid kid imagined becoming famous and he's succeeded  We should all worry about copycats; can we get rid of some guns now?

Now is the time for healing.  Don't listen to those pointing the finger at Biden, et al, unless you want to align yourself with Putin.  During the live broadcast, we all saw that inbred flashing his middle finger at the camera while mouthing the words, in case we missed his point.

It that how you'd like to be viewed, or as someone holding out their hand to the other side, at least at the dinner table?  Me, I'll certainly cut down on my smart-ass comments about the former president.  No, I don't like him and certainly don't want hin to run the country, but it IS still a democracy, at least for a little while longer; and we all need to start acting like grown-ups before we're taken over by some outside entity while our pants are down.

This photo is nothing to be proud of.  I am so sorry for the families of the innocent victims; and think the parents of the shooter should be held responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.