"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 9, 2022

God Bless the Queen

I mourn Queen Elizabeth II along with (most) everyone else.  Mom's mother came from county Dorset in Southwest England and her father from New Zealand.  I grew up hearing strory after story about various members of the Royal Family and their interconnectedness, there's a bunch of them.  At the time I poo-poo'd the whole Monarchy-thing, but then we all got caught up with Princess Diana.

My grandparents came to this country in the early 20th Century but never forgot their British roots.  Mom vividly remembered her mother crying during the Blitz of London during WWII, when  Queen Elizabeth's parents refused to leave the Capital.  How could you not admire such courage?

The Queen is reunited with her beloved Phillip and countless Corgis.  The past year must have been unbearable.

God Save the King.

1 comment:

  1. I , Too, feel sad for a lost era of manners and dignity. She was quite amazing, really.

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.