"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Dec 14, 2021

Holy Filibuster!

Still no word.  Since Friday's cliffhanger.  I managed to calm myself while waiting for news of my fate. It reminded me of the crossing from Florida to the Bahamas on Ruff Life; with the boat damaged and seas raging.  I knew we were going to die, so what was there to fear?

It's the wee hours on Tuesday.  Yesterday I chopped my hair off...intentionally, and previously scheduled. But before my appointment I called the Property Management Lady to find out whether there was any word.  Not yet, she replied.  I'd told her right off that I'd spent the weekend hoping for the best but preparing for the worst, and I could only add I'm reliable, quiet, friendly, helpful...whatever other Scout rules I could remember.  I thanked her for trying to help me, and would wait for a call.  At least I wasn't inclined to shave my head ala Brittany Spears.

My hairdresser told me a story about her partner bargaining for their current place.  "You've got to sell yourself.  Our rent was $1800 but Rick, who's a salesman, offered $1500.  I thought we'd lost it for sure, but the owner said, I like you, and agreed.  People DO take less...always offer less."

I wish I'd known from the start about some of the things I've only learned the past several weeks.  But with the risk of sounding egotistical, I feel I've got a pretty good handle on the process to help clarify some points for others.  Gotta find that silver lining.

Pam in England sent me prayers and well wishes; and shared the following story about a couple she knew:

"They were getting on in age and had health conditions so were forced to move into a smaller place. They found one which seemed ideal and it all fell through at the last minute. They were devastated as they’d set their hearts on it. 

"I tried to encourage them by saying that they would find somewhere else and make their home there and in the future they would tell me it was a blessing in disguise.....they later did! The sheltered accommodation they moved into had a communal room with a piano. Tom would play it and entertain the residents. 

"They are both long gone now but it was good to see them enjoy their last years here."

Other friends have expressed similar words of encouragement, same as I'm telling myself:  "If it doesn't work out it's not meant for me.  No telling the reason, just have to believe."

Over the weekend I didn't have any urge to say a prayer. The way I figure it, God knows what's going on, whether I say one prayer or hold a Holy Filibuster.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you noted my story...still praying!

    Love

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.