"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

May 2, 2019

BOO to Hallmark Editors

BC and I are house- and pet-sitting for a couple weeks in Carson Valley, NV.  The weather's been gorgeous; the pets get along fine (although the cat avoids the dogs); and I'm treated to life in a REAL home, with regular size appliances and cable TV.

Columbo has always been a favorite show of mine, at least the early years. The Hallmark channel airs vintage Columbo each morning and I just finished watching a classic, set in London. The original mystery movies, two hours long, are often cut to 90 minutes so I'm used to missing lots of scenes.

These morning mysteries on Hallmark are also two hours;  therefore I expected the whole shebang.  Imagine, then, my disappointment when the pivotal scene at the end, when Columbo explains his trap, was missing Flipping the pearl into the umbrella from 10 feet away was crucial to the solution.  What kind of an editor would cut that rather than the Changing of the Guard, which can be viewed any time, day or night?

I may have become my Mother, but you know, I was looking for some light entertainment to distract from the Barr hearings, which made me want to vomit.

Who could imagine the Hallmark channel causes Tourette's episodes, for Christ's sake?  You should have heard Amy yelling at the telly.

Please Hallmark, hire some decent editors for your episodes to help prevent mine.  The dogs will thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.