"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Jun 27, 2014

Gal Pals



It's easy to make friends, as everyone on Facebook knows, but it takes real effort to keep 'em, especially those who live far away.  In this regard my memory is like an elephant's: I remember the laughter, the tears, the insanity of friendships.

Perhaps I’m being naïve, but when I said, “Let’s stay in touch,” I meant it.  So as I’ve been unpacking decades of memorabilia, I’m delighted to find photos of my Gal Pals, all of whom I’ll give an Oregon bear hug when next I track them down.

I found this ribbon-crossed board at my favorite one-stop shopping spot:  Goodwill.  After playing around with uses, I realized I had enough photos of friends to fill it up.  As a matter of fact, I can probably fill up two, once I print those digital shots; maybe even three, if I include my male-friends who felt comfortable enough to expose their gentler side with me, 'cause when I need solid advice I often turn to them.

I gotta tell you, every time I look at your grins I smile back.  I miss taking film to the camera store, eagerly anticipating the results of my crap-shoot:  sometimes pure black; too often fuzzy; but once and awhile a beauty for posterity.

Can you spot yourself in one of the photos?   Remember our pledge; before it’s too late.  We’ll all be pretty busy in the afterlife, looking up family, pets and celebrities, no doubt; so reach out now and get it over with!

Love you, gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.