"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

May 7, 2014

Don't Bury Me in My Moo-Moo


The weather has been beautiful of late, but the radio announced, "COLD tonight," so I brought in my re-potted Asparagus Fern, grabbed my flannel nightie and pulled up the down comforter.


Insomnia struck at 3 am, so I added a long sweater and pair of socks to putter about.  Watching Law and Order, I worried how I’d appear to the (young) paramedics if something incapacitated me.  I look like a stereotypical old lady who lives alone.

Think about it: what would you like to wear on your way out?  If you don’t decide now someone else will do it for you, and you just know they’ll pick the wrong thing.  I can imagine how Mom would dress me up.  No, thanks, I’ll select my own Ever-After ensemble.

Back in the ‘80s I treated myself to a ‘dancing dress’ to accompany Donna Summer nights.  I picked up this sexy little number in a German boutique; tulip petal skirt with long beaded strands which were fun to swing.  I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve worn it since; once in a cast.

Pins and plates in my broken ankle curtailed wearing these sparkly heels vertically.  The remaining accessories were accumulated over the years, culminating in a fabulous pair of Mom's long (stripper) gloves.

The chances of me wearing this getup again in public are slim to none, since these old bones (not to mention my figure) just ain’t what it used to be.  But who cares when you’re laid out?  I’ll sign a waiver that they can slice the dress up the back if need be.

Greeting him in an outfit like this, hopefully Tino won't notice the wrinkly face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.