"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Apr 23, 2013

Star Light, Star Bright

I’ll eventually sit and write at length, with photos, but for now let’s just leave it at this:

I’m having a great road trip.

I’m about to cross over into Arizona after spending a night in the Joshua Tree National Park; just one of our nation’s beautiful locales.  Forget splashy spas…I crave peace and quiet.  Speaking of, did I mention that my truck, which is behaving beautifully (knock on wood), has its original 1986 AM-only radio?  What I can pick up is quickly tuned out until, for the past couple days, I’ve not even tried.  No air conditioning either, but yesterday’s drive through the desert wasn’t bad.  Living rustic for so long, I don’t really miss either, but I’d forgotten how the desert sucks the air right out of your lungs.  Thankfully, BC slept the entire way.

But back to Joshua Tree.  Turned out I snagged possibly the last camping spot.  It was Sunday and I expected people to be heading home, but there was a meteor shower and Sunday night was to be the best viewing, so the place was loaded with star gazers.  I slept through the shower (it’s tough to get yourself up sometimes), but I took some shots in the early morning while walking BC.  I’ve got a few videos which show multiple objects (they’re here, too, but faint…lower right sky), and if they were airplanes, the air traffic controller was stoned.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.