"What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner." Colette

Sep 11, 2024

I AM Better Off than Four Years Ago

I haven't written as much about politics as I used to...primarily because I can't believe the number of people lining up to follow a megalomaniac.  I don't have children to worry about and I'm on my way out of this world anyway...metaphorically, don't worry.

I'm all for the Harris-Walz ticket and will proudly mail my ballot off as soon as it arrives.  I work with good people who support the Republican ticket regardless of who's at the helm.  I will say, as far as Haitians eating people's pets, that I heard similar rumors about Vietnamese immigrants following the withdrawal from Vietnam.  Recent groups are always targeted, I can imagine what my Polish grandparents endured.

Maybe someone did do that, but you cannot use an individual crime to characterize an entire culture; otherwise we'd all be considered mass murderers.  What do other countries think of us, do you imagine? In other cultures some might eat dogs, but what do Indians think of us eating cows?  It's the same as decrying brutal killings of citizens by immigrants...how much worse is that than school shootings continuing because of lax gun control?

Things are a mess, so I've decided that rather than get upset I'll simply sit back and watch the upcoming carnage with popcorn, oooooo...gloom and doom.  What'll happen?  At least we'll still be able to blame one another. 

I can't list reasons I'm better off than 4 years ago, I just know that I am, look aroud my blog for possible answers.  I'm hoping not to lose what little I have, just like everyone else.  So I'll leave the fight to Taylor Swift, boy, is she in for some verbal abuse, keep her safe.  Good thing she's got a big boyfriend.

This is hastily written because I'm off to work shortly to cover someone with Covid, I know, I know, that doesn't really exist; the election was stolen; Elvis lives...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your wit!!! thanks for the morning chuckle:)

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment

Original gourd art designs Copyright 2024 Andrea Jansen Designs. Please write for permission.